SCRATCH continues to be a popular dailies and finishing platform among artists and post pros. No other system FEELS like SCRATCH. No other system is as FAST, FLUID and RESPONSIVE as SCRATCH.
Now with the addition of touch controls for grading, FREE Matchbox Shaders for advanced texture control and world class integration with editorial, SCRATCH is setting the bar for what's possibly during dailies.
SCRATCH is the fully-featured dailies and archiving toolset used by professionals for color-grading / look-management, QC, metadata-management and audio-sync to provide the deliverables for all cinematic dailies. Its speed and flexibility are the strengths that have made SCRATCH the backbone for the cinematic dailies and VFX dailies pipeline for many individuals and facilities.
• Easily switch between a Dailies, Basic Review or the full blown Finishing toolset at any time.
• Support for all professional media formats; from camera RAW to traditional intermediates, to compressed and uncompressed finishing formats.
• Live SDI Capture from a camera directly to manage on-set looks or green-screen testing.
• Fast and flexible transcoding to any format in multiple resolutions in one go, including grades and burn-in titling.
• Manage looks, import and export CDL or LUT and use the match-functions to ensure looks created on-set can be easily used further down the pipeline.
• Quickly sync imported audio, based on the timecode/clapper/audio sync marker.
• Capture, manage, modify, and append Metadata through the pipeline. Then provide fully customizable reports.
Check out the Full Feature List of SCRATCH below.
• Construct: manage and group multiple timelines and shot versions
• Wide selection of project defaults and user settings
• Easily manage thousands and thousands of shots in a single project
• Media management as integral aspect of your project
• Manage and switch easily between shot versions
• Manage composite elements in Staging
• Manage all shot metadata; camera metadata, dailies references, user colored annotations, etc.
• Easy add/update metadata for multiple shots at any time using the Media Browser
• De-construct a timeline to create a unique media set
• Consolidate project media to move or archive a project
• Switch between Toolsets: Finish, Dailies, Review
• Single-view, dual-view, split-view, A-B view
• Range selection and playback
• Slip second view independently
• Preview on dedicated video-io, or through DualHead
• Playback of all VR-formats: Equirectangular, Cubic, Cubic Packed, Mesh
• 360-mode playback of 360 and 180° VR media for both, mono and stereo
• Audio Channel routing of up to 16 channels (input/output)
• Loop, Bounce, Once playback modes
• Playback speed (1x - 50x)
• Playback Cache
• Frame-, Clip-, Keyframe- and Notes-Navigation
• Create quick reference snapshots
• Customizable Viewport Layout
• Perspective view showing layer in Z-space
• Scene camera setup / animation for 2D and Stereo
• Play List - start SCRATCH as a Player with a (*.splx) playlist file
• Create and manage an output tree with multiple resolutions, framerates, colorspaces, etc.
• Manage output templates with all your standard deliverables
• Render any output (range) on the fly
• Cache single shots or the full timline
• Same as Source Render
• Ingest of ALL source shot metadata
• Per-Frame metadata (ARRI Raw only)
• Read scene/take, comments and circle take metadata from synced audio files
• Create custom Metadata tags
• Output file-naming and folder structure based on metadata
• DIT-report generation (incl. selection of all available clip metadata)
• Burn-in of all available metadata
• Quick-Entry menu for updating Scene and Take
• Pre-defined QC notes to be applied through hotkeys
• Output templates and project defaults
• Specific Output templates for PIX, DAX, MediaSilo and COPRA web dailies
• High Quality input and output scaling
• LUT Cycler to quickly switch between LUTs
• Background rendering
• Hardware accelerated h264/h265 decoding
• LTC detection in camera embedded audio
• Automatically sync audio, based on timecode for smart-slate shoots and automatically import scene/take/circle take info from BWF file header
• Semi-automatic sound sync through Waveform analyzer and spike finder
• Semi-automatic sound syncing with sync markers
• Manual sound syncing with millisecond-accurate audio slipping
• Automatic sync based on LTC
• Support for reading and writing HDR10 metadata into mp4
• Support for reading and writing VR-related metadata into H264
• Export h264/h265 essence streams for (BluRay-) mastering
• Create an output mastering tree using nodes to create versions of different resolutions, color spaces, framerates and even grades.
• (De-)interlacer Node
• Support for subtitle (.SRT, .STL) inside Burn-in Node
• Full ACES support
• Color Space management incl. PQ & HLG
• Waveform, Histogram, Vectorscope, Curvescope
• Easy Stereo Setup function to wrap shots in a stereo node for full stereo-workflow
• Manage Stereo Convergence
• Stereo Camera Scene setup per shot/scene; create single grading/comp layers in Z-space for both left/right eye.
• Manage Stereo tool: quick switch between left/right eye or grade and comp directly on master-stereo node
• Output any stereo pattern or separate left / right fifle sequences
• Capture live SDI-signal from camera
• Store looks incl. SDI metadata
• Add grades, incl. keys, OFX-plugins, composites to your live signal in realtime
• realtime Denoise, Grain, Highlight Glow and Diffusion effects
• Stream the current live signal out to Facebook, Youtube, or a custom streaming server
• Capture other live rtmp streams to comp into your own live stream
• Optional: Capture and stitch individual live streams from ZCAM S1 (Pro) and K1 Pro cameras
• Capture external (ambisonic) audio
• Share projects between multiple systems in a single facility on shared storage
• SCRATCH online project repository to work with multiple artists simultaneously on a single project from places all over the globe.
• SCRATCH remote: connect multiple SCRATCH systems from all around the world for a creative grading session.
• Stream SCRATCH output directly to a media server for others to live view your creative work.
• Publish to SCRATCH Web, Facebook, Vimeo or YouTube to share content online and in a secure manner for review and approval.
• Sync Player: slave one or more SCRATCH players and (remote) control playback from the master system.
• Uncompressed media (DPX, TIFF, TGA, SGI and Quicktime files from digital, tape or scanned sources)
• Multi-Layer OpenEXR 16/32-bit (all compression schemes) format support
• Other image sequence formats: JPEG, JPEG2000, BMP, PNG
• Sony F65/F55/F5 RAW, XAVC 4K, X-OCN, SONY SRFile (SStP) MXF
• Canon C200/C500/C700 RAW (RMF & CRM), C100/C300/C500 MPEG2, XF-AVC MXF, XF-HEVC MXF, EOS 1D/5D/7D
• Panasonic AVC-Intra MXF, Varicam V-RAW
• RED REDCODE RAW (R3D) support incl. Weapon, Helium, Monstro and Gemini 8K
• ARRI RAW (ARI, ARX and MXF)
• DNxHD/HR and Apple ProRes
• Phantom Flex 4K .cine RAW
• Blackmagic RAW
• Apple ProRes RAW
• Cineform (RAW)
• CODEX RAW
• AVCHD (MTS & M2TS)
• Kinefinity RAW (DNG & KRW)
• Cinema DNG (incl. Blackmagic, AJA, AATON, Bolex, Kinefinity, Ikonoskop, Panasonic, Pentax and DJI)
• DSLR Raw Photo formats
• H.264 (MP4, MOV & MXF up to 10 bit 4:2:2)
• H.265/HEVC (up to 12 bit)
• Apple ProRes (ProRes 4444XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, Proxy, LT)
• Avid DNxHD/HR MXF,
• DNxHD QuickTime
• H.264 (MP4, MOV and raw essence stream in 8 and 10 bit)
• H.265/HEVC (MP4, MOV and raw essence stream in up to 12 bit)
• Cineform DPX and Quicktime
• QuickTime files with various codecs
• DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR, JPG2000, JPG, CIN, TGA, SGI, PNG
• AIF, AMB, w64, WAV broadcast wave audio files (BWF): mono, stereo and multi-channel, ambisonic audio
• SDI: AJA, Bluefish444, Blackmagic
• Control Surfaces: Tangent Wave/Wave2, Ripple, Element, CP200 and Avid Artist Color
• VR-Headset: Oculus, Vive and any Steam VR engine supported headset (also on Mac)
• Support for (multiple) RED Rocket and RED Rocket-X acceleration cards
• Wacom Pen & Tablet
• Multi Layer Timeline editor (NLE)
• Conform: CMX EDL, AAF, XML
• Reverse Assemble
• Pull shotnames from AVID markers in EDLs
• Load and compare conform with Reference clip
• Export metadata including: CMX EDL, ALE, CDL, CC, HTML, CSV, XML
• Support for many AAF/XML effects, like Pan&Scan, Timewarp, etc.
• Support for AVID markers in marker lists and EDLs
• Batch-conform LUTs and CDLs based on clip metadata
• Scene Detection
• Flatten multi-layer timeline to single video track with video layers.
• Timewarp / Retimer
• Primary grade Lift, Gamma, Gain and CDL
• Unlimited layers of grades; free-form and pre-defined shapes
• 1D/3D LUT support: import / export
• CDL and CTL support: import/export
• Look management: Memory grades and Galleries
• OpenColorIO Support
• New Vector Tools for advanced color remapping
• Panel Support: Element / Wave / Wave2 / Ripple / CP200 / Avid Artist Color
• Curves with on-screen pick&drag functionality
• Keyers: RGB, HSV, Chroma, Luma, Vector
• Support for third party OFX effect plug-ins
• Tracking: 1-point / 2-point and planar tracker
• Fill / matte layers
• Effect control animation + animation editor
• Advanced animation filters (High-pass, Low-pass, Noise, Reduce, Smoothen, Level)
• Blend modes for layers and tracks
• Realtime Bicubic image warper
• Node-based compositing
• Layer-based compositing in 3D-space
• High Quality Pan&Scan
• Vector Paint for scratch-, wire-, and rig- removal
• Node-based caching of heavy composites
• Action-/Title-safe guides incl. blanking
• Support for Autodesk Matchbox Shaders
• User-defined control surface mapping
• (Directional) Blur
• Color Channel Remapping
• Control Luma weights and Print Light settings
• Virtual Camera animation
• Multi-sampling modes and motion blur for smooth animations
• XML scripting for pipeline / third party software integration
• SPA effect plug-in interface (next to OFX)
• Custom Commands for pipeline integration
• Integrated script for round-trip workflow to After Effects
• Integrated script for round-trip workflow to Nuke
OS: Windows 7 / 10. OSX 10.9 and up.
CPU: Any modern Intel or AMD processor. Preference for Intel i7 Quadcore equal or up.
GFX: Any modern graphics card. Preference for high end graphics: NVIDIA Quadro / AMD Radeon PRO. Note that on systems with standard Intel graphics not all features might be supported.
RAM: Min 8Gb. Preferred 12Gb or more.
SDI (optional): AJA, Bluefish444, Blackmagic.
See detailed system requirements here.
SCRATCH is available as:
Each license comes with full access to the latest version and all updates of the software, as well as access to our technical support team.
Note that a permanent license comes with 2 years of support. After that, you can continue to use the software but to be eligible to further software updates or contact to our technical support team, you need to extend your support contract.
* A site license offers you an unlimited number of licenses to be used within your facility. Please contact sales for more info.