Dailies. Versioning. Conform. Color. Finish.
The SCRATCH digital workflow sets the industry standard. Again.
The era of Creative DI has arrived. SCRATCH® is the first real-time, client-attended toolset in the industry to marry dailies, conform, editing, color grading, titling, 3D compositing and finishing into a single, consistent interface. This dynamic synergy fuels a new type of creative, fast and fluid DI session that is completely changing the way Directors and DPs look at DI.
- NEW! SCRATCH support for the RED Dragon camera
- New Annual Subscription option available. SCRATCH for only $5000!
In this video Senior Colorist Andreas Brueckl
(colormeup.de) shows tricks for retouching and
improving the skin and skintones, including
using the SCRATCH Bicubic Mask to tweak
Optimized for real-time, client-attended interactivity.
SCRATCH delivers the raw performance that inspires a new level of collaboration with your clients. Play and review multi-resolution shots side-by-side and in real-time. Experience incredibly fluid, responsive grading and finishing sessions, and use the time you save to refine your scenes and create the looks that set you apart. SCRATCH delivers DI and finishing at the speed of your imagination.
Fully ACES compliant.
Shipping since November, 2012, SCRATCH was one of the first dailies products on the market to be ACES compliant. Both SCRATCH and Lab fully implement the ACES specification including the file format, the colorspace, as well as device and rendering transforms.
Designed for Ultimate Creativity.
Only SCRATCH seamlessly blends world-class color correction with deep 3D compositing in one unified, real-time system- at a price you can actually afford. No more interrupting your DI session because you have to send beauty shots out to VFX. Does your shot need a quick object replaced? Need to add a Sapphire lens Flare? No problem- with SCRATCH you can handle all these routine VFX fixes right in the DI session without stopping. This new way of working is not only faster and cheaper, but the ultimate in creativity.
Digital tools for the entire post-production workflow.
SCRATCH delivers real-time data management, to dailies playback and review, extremely flexible conform, advanced color grading, unlimited versioning, titling, compositing, finishing and mastering to a variety of formats, SCRATCH is your one-stop solution throughout the entire post-production pipeline.
SCRATCH integrates elegantly with editorial systems
SCRATCH features native MFX and DNxHD support, as well as AAF import and ALE transfer. And because SCRATCH is Interplay and Unity/Isis aware, it fits perfectly into your Avid workflow. Meanwhile, support for FCP XML and ProRes read and write make SCRATCH the ideal companion to Final Cut Pro or mixed editorial pipelines.
Fast, highly interactive conform
SCRATCH offers the ability to create a full DI look within television budgets and at television speeds. Its unique CONstruct™ view supports multiple, side-by-side views of any number of formats in any resolution throughout the entire DI process - even mix 2D and Stereo/3D. Try an unlimited number of versions without the need to render. Moreover, no other tool conforms faster, more flexibly or more accurately with Avid or Final Cut Systems.
SCRATCH is highly extensible. Seamlessly integrate via XML with other tools in your workflow such as Nuke, Shotgun, Avid and Final Cut Pro. Extend dailies sessions for remote review and comment or create the kind of automated workflows and client tools that, until now, only the biggest facilities could afford.
SCRATCH is affordable.
SCRATCH delivers double the price-performance than it’s closest competitor. And new subscription options allow artists and facilities the ability to compliment today’s freelance work model with volume purchasing and pay-as-you-use choices, so you can easily match your costs with your revenues.
Whether you want to rent for a day, subscribe for a year, or purchase a site license, SCRATCH offers payment options for every conceivable budget:
For those that need every-day access to SCRATCH, but need the ultimate in affordability, we now offer an annual subscription option. For only $5000 USD, you get full access to the latest version SCRATCH including any updates we ship during the period. And you can renew your rental or subscription any time, and from anywhere you can connect to the Internet. During your active period, you will be eligible to receive ASSIMILATE support and all new software versions that we ship.
- 1 Day $150
- 1 Week $800
- 1 Month $2100
- New Annual Subscription $5000 USD
For those folks that prefer to own their software assets, you can still purchase permanent licenses of SCRATCH just as you always have, and pricing for licenses and maintenance/support has remained unchanged. To purchase SCRATCH, either find a Reseller here, or contact your ASSIMILATE sales representative.
ASSIMILATE’s SCRATCH® Site License program offers the industry’s most phenomenal value to post-production artists and facilities. Innovative and unique to the industry, the SCRATCH Site License offers creative DI Artists, post-production facilities, and studios unprecedented access to all-you-can-use SCRATCH licenses at a single site or around the world*. This means that facilities can maximize productivity and creativity by providing the state-of- the-art SCRATCH DI tool to an unlimited number of their artists without the limitations of software licensing.
This program is specifically designed for facilities that employ a large, flexible, workforce that ebbs and flows. It is also particularly attractive to rental houses that need to constantly set up systems with new licenses, but don’t want the complexity of managing licenses and hardware dongles.
The SCRATCH Site License Program features 2 options:
SCRATCH Site Annual
All-you-can-use licenses at a single site. This option is priced at $33,000 USD annually, and includes all maintenance and support for the term.
SCRATCH Site Enterprise Annual
All-you-can-use licenses at any number of your sites across your entire enterprise, worldwide. This option is priced at $55,000 USD annually, and includes all maintenance and support for the term.
All SCRATCH Site License customers are able to view, manage and extend their licenses through the unique MyASSIMILATE online portal (http://myassimilate.assimilatesupport.com).
MyASSIMILATE allows customers to see a top-down view of all their licenses, see which ones have been activated, and on which machines. It also allows customers to extend rental licenses and even generate emergency temporary licenses. For more information about MyASSIMILATE, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
System Requirements for SCRATCH:
- NVIDIA GTX 680 and Titan
- NVIDIA Quadro 4000 on Mac OS X
- NVIDIA Quadro 6000 on Windows
- AMD Radeon HD 5770, 5870 and 7950 cards on Mac OS® X (requires Lion or better)
- AMD FirePro W8000, W9000 and V7900 on Windows
- NVIDIA Quadro 6000SDI on Windows
- AJA Kona 3 and 3G on Mac OS X and Windows
- Bluefish444 Epoch | 2K Ultra on Mac Os X and Windows
- Bluefish444 Epoch | 4K Supernova on Windows
SCRATCH on Windows 7/8
- The Quadro SDI output daughter card for the NVIDIA Quadro 6000
- The AMD V7900 with an AJA Kona 3 or 3G card
- Bluefish444 Epoch | 2K Ultra card
- Bluefish444 Epoch | 4K Supernova card
SCRATCH on Mac OS X
- The AJA Kona 3 and 3G cards
- The Bluefish444 Epoch | 2K Ultra card
SCRATCH features include:
Full resolution support for RED RAW, ARRI RAW, F65, Panasonic, DLSR and all other popular camera and media formats
Featuring unmatched real-time performance and reliability, SCRATCH removes the risk and frees the filmmaker and DP to get the most from a high-resolution digital shoot.
Real-time full resolution, native playback of all popular camera formats
- Fully ACES compliant
- REDCODE RAW.r3d including monochrome footage. Support for multiple RED Rocket cards with DRX control
- RED Dragon
- ARRIRAW including new ASSIMILATE customARRI fast Debayer – built for significant speed while still preserving color accuracy
- Sony F5/F55/F65 including 6K and 8K
- SONY Mpeg-2 .mp4, .mov and XAVC HD/4K .mxf
- Panasonic P2/MXF and AVCHD
- Canon C500, C300, 5D, 7D
- Blackmagic Design Cinema DNG
- Aaton Penelope
- Over 50 additional formats
Powerful finishing tools
- Shot Versioning: SCRATCH CONstruct manage multiple versions of the same 2D or 3D shots within the same timeline for easy comparison
- Vector paint
- Subtitling support
- Apply OFX plug-ins to create a wide range of visual effects
- Direct Output: Real-time tools for frame-rate conversion, image-resolution scaling and frame-accuracy to monitors, projectors and tape decks using both DVI and SDI interfaces
- Multiple Deliverables: Create alternate versions in different resolutions, image formats and framing, all from a single source
Fast, highly interactive color grading
- Real-time, non-destructive primary and secondary color grading
- Heads-up color grading interface and support for Avid Artist Color panel series or all Tangent panels - including the Element
- Source-side adjustments for mixed color space workflows
- Match and auto grading
- 2D and shape tracking
- Keying based on Vector, Chroma or Luminance
- Controls for finessing keys
- Integrated Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope and Color Curve views
- Group shots, copy/paste color grades and reference libraries
- Key frames and animation curves
- Import and save 1D and 3D LUTs based on primary color grades
Enhanced creative compositing tools to deliver Creative DI
- An enhanced compositing toolset, with a new 3D camera model featuring an improved OFX plug-in environment and plug-in workflow, that allows full peer interactivity between all SCRATCH features and critical VFX plug-ins, such as Sapphire, Neat Video, ReelSmart Motion Blur, and Beauty Box
- Ability to nest layers and apply color grades to groups of layers
- New rendering features, including directional and motion blur, multi-sampling, and bit-map filtering
- Planar tracking data import from Imagineer System's mocha Pro v3.1. New support and process for Scratch users to import mocha's planar tracking data for transform, scale, rotation and corner pin perspective. With the new mocha Pro to Scratch workflow, artists can seamlessly tackle the most difficult motion tracking shots for screen inserts, match moves, set extensions and image stabilization.
An entirely new, flexible viewing model
- Create dual views of any image in a project by quickly and easily selecting a version, a reference, a clip from any video track, or a color buffer
- Compare them using one of two methods: a difference method, or an overlay method with opacity controls and a 360 degree wipe
- One of the dual views can be designated as an output view (showing the final result of a shot), while the other is a fully functional working canvas with access to even the deepest elements of a shot, including a complex composite or color grade
- Intuitively manipulate any element of the working view and instantly see its resulting affect updated to the output view at full resolution and in real time
High-speed conform and confidence checking
No other software offers the range of tools for quickly conforming and checking against a reference clip.
- Mix-and-match RED.r3d files with ARRI RAW or Phantom (or any other media format recognized by SCRATCH), even Canon DSLR, within the same resolution-independent timeline
- Dual-View, Half-Mix and Side-by-Side comparison options
- Quick Keys for moving through a timeline and edit tools for shot manipulation
- AAF import and MXF integration
- Import and export ALE
- Final Cut Pro XML import
- Shot log metadata import
- Metadata search
- Stereoscopic 3D versioning
- CDL support
- Output to multiple file formats such as DNxHD, DPX, ProRes (Mac OS version only) Tiff, JPG, Quicktime, MXF and more
- Export with timecode and metadata
- Multilayer timeline
State of the art metadata and timecode support
- Sync timecode from multiple cameras (including stereo) with a unique “Match Timecode” function. Stack cameras into a single slot, then automatically sync the timecode all of cameras to one of them.
- Generate dailies by automatically naming clips based on any metadata field, including camroll, scene and take.
- Create flash burns either at the top and tail of a clip, or throughout its duration.
- Capture scene and take metadata automatically from broadcast wave audio files.
- Automatically generate new timecode for DSLR cameras such as the Phantom, Cannon 5D/7D and GoPro that don’t support it. Easily increment the timecode with each slot and even skip by user-defined intervals.
- Populate Avid AAF files with extended metadata, avoiding the double pass to access that ALE files required. This effectively removes the need for separate ALEs.
Advanced audio sync
- Broadcast wave support
- Automatically sync to timecode or slate
- Interactive waveform for sync
- Interactive audio scrub
Stereo 3D workflow support
Imagine the creativity of a full stereo workflow that provides consistent, intuitive feedback during the conform, color grading and finishing process. Stereo image pairs are automatically linked for versioning and real-time playback to a wide variety of stereoscopic delivery systems.
- Check and adjust stereo with dedicated link and convergence controls
- Bicubic controls for fixing 3D stereo images
- Position elements relative to the screen plane
- Immediately review decisions in stereo
- Panasonic 3D stereo camera support with automatic stream de-muxing
Flexibility and extensibility
Future-proof your workflow with an advanced and scriptable XML back-end that allows you to:
- Automate SCRATCH to maximize productivity
- Access your job anywhere via HTML
- Integrate SCRATCH via XML with other tools in your workflow such as Nuke, Shotgun, Avid or Final Cut Pro
- Enhance SCRATCH with OFX plug-ins such as Sapphire, Beauty Box, Twixtor, and Neat Video
- Built-in SQL database supports a full range of metadata
The SCRATCH Collective
SCRATCH v8 empowers freelancers and facilities
alike by overcoming one the today’s greatest
challenges- being in two places at once.
How often do you wish you could collaborate
with an expert colleague on a project, but they
live in another city?
How often do you wish you could add an
additional artist to a project, but none are
- How often do you wish you could visit multiple clients in a day, but they’re too far apart?
SCRATCH v8 and The SCRATCH Collective remove the barriers of location and proximity by delivering a series of powerful collaboration tools for a Cloud-enabled workflow, that retain all the advantages of a local pipeline.
The SCRATCH Collective consists of:
SCRATCH Remote facilitates incredible creativity by connecting any number of artists together in a real-time session, no matter where they are- or, where the media is. Plan a session with your director for review; add a freelance artist to a session to set or fix a look; or tap an expert compositor to fix a VFX shot. SCRATCH Remote provides the full power of SCRATCH to the virtual group - color-grading, compositing or editing- as easily as making a Skype call.
The SCRATCH Repository offers an easy way to
collaborate and share project data with anyone,
anywhere in the world, independent of your Internet
connectivity. Instead of sending project files and folders
back and forth every time a change is made, the
SCRATCH Repository shares project data seamlessly
using on-line central storage. Connect any number of
artists in a facility to each other, connect on-set with
post, or connect facilities with other facilities.
Freelancers can connect to multiple Repositories, each
owned and controlled by a different customer.
Artists can now publish parts of their project in an online web application that is accessible for non-SCRATCH users in a secure and controlled environment. Through this unique online CONstruct, users can review the project on any web-enabled device – a laptop, tablet or phone - and view and adjust metadata- all of which feeds back into the SCRATCH Repository- which you can then synchronize back into your local copy of a project.
The new SCRATCH 8 Galleries feature allow you to
store and maintain looks and compositing setups
outside you local project database, then re-use them
from project to project.
Rather than carry these looks with you on e.g. a USB stick, SCRATCH CONnect stores them on our cloud server.
Each time you log into a SCRATCH 8 system, SCRATCH CONnect allows you to download and synchronize your local looks, settings and panel mappings, with your online profile - making your personal setup easily available from anywhere, at any time.
*Permanent license includes 1 year maintenance (value: $5000). Rental License includes maintenance for the rental period.