On-Set Dailies and Playback & Review. Conform. Color Grading. Versioning. Compositing. Finishing.
Experience the highest levels of creative DI with SCRATCH®. Feel the speed of real-time for ultimate productivity.
Designed for creative professionals who need the power of an advanced 2D/3D, real-time toolset that marries conform, editing, color grading, versioning, titling, compositing, and finishing.
Fluid digital workflow with consistent user interface and color, from on-set dailies through creative DI.
One tool to buy and learn for on-set production up through the entire post-production workflow.
For on-set DITs, DPs, and directors, SCRATCH delivers a real-time data workflow for dailies, playback/review, and color grading.
Move to the post studio and creative professionals use the same toolset for conform, advanced color grading, versioning, VFX, compositing, finishing.
Ensures consistent look and color throughout the pipeline.
You can work at the speed of your imagination throughout the DI and finishing.
No need to buy, learn and then integrate multiple disparate applications.
Run on your platform of choice -- studio workstations, laptops, or mobile devices – Windows or OSX.
SCRATCH is insanely fast - experience fluid and highly productive client-attended sessions.
SCRATCH saves you tons of money on VFX.
Only SCRATCH seamlessly blends world-class color correction with deep 3D compositing and OFX plug-ins in one unified, real-time system - at a price you can actually afford.
No more interrupting your DI session because you have to send out beauty shots or quick object-replacements.
This way of working is not only faster and cheaper, but the ultimate in creativity.
With SCRATCH, you can work in any format, any resolution.
Apply the need for speed to VFX dailies reviews.
Use the extras like XML integration with other specialized tools, such as Nuke and Shotgun; seamless Avid and FCP integration; round-tripping; and the killer conform engine.
SCRATCH connects to MyAssimilate, your cloud-based portal to manage all aspects of your SCRATCH account.
The MyAssimilate feature gives you a portal to manage your SCRATCH tools and preferences, and share content
SCRATCH Web - cloud-based channel to publish and share raw media for collaboration and review
Galleries – share looks, grades & composites with other SCRATCH users
Project Repository – share and collaborate while maintaining a full project-change log
Download the latest version of SCRATCH
Licenses – manage your licenses and create an emergency
license if needed
Create a user profile
Pay only when you have a gig.
It’s so easy -- you only pay when you’re getting paid.
Start with a 30-day, fully functional, FREE trial and use SCRATCH on a real job. Like what you see?
Rent SCRATCH by the month; or save even more money with an annual subscription – download instantly from the ASSIMILATE Store.
And only SCRATCH resellers offer full 4k HP and Mac-based turnkey systems for the price of a 2K system.
For more information, or to find a reseller in your area, please visit: www.assimilateinc.com/4k-for-the-price-of-2k
Subscribe for a month or year, or purchase a permanent license or a site license. SCRATCH offers payment options for every budget.
For those who need every-day access to SCRATCH and ultimate affordability, we now offer a monthly subscription at $60! And an annual subscription is only $3000 USD. You get full access to the latest SCRATCH version, including any updates we ship during the period. And you can renew your subscription at any time, and from anywhere via the Internet. During your active period, you'll also be eligible to receive ASSIMILATE technical support.
- 1 Month subscription $60 USD
- 1 Year subscription $650 USD
- Permanent license $3,000 USD
ASSIMILATE’s SCRATCH® Site License program offers the industry’s most phenomenal value to post-production artists and facilities. The program offers creative DI Artists, post-production facilities, and studios unprecedented access to all-you-can-use SCRATCH licenses at a single site or around the world*. Facilities can maximize productivity and creativity by providing the state-of-the-art SCRATCH DI tools to an unlimited number of their artists without limitations.
This program is ideal for facilities that employ a large, flexible, workforce that ebbs and flows. It’s also attractive to rental houses that need to constantly set up systems with new licenses, but don’t want the complexity of managing licenses and hardware dongles.
The SCRATCH Site License Program features 2 options:
SCRATCH Site Annual
All-you-can-use licenses at a single site. This option is priced at $10,000 USD annually, and includes all maintenance and support for the term.
SCRATCH Site Enterprise Annual
All-you-can-use licenses at any number of your sites across your entire enterprise, worldwide. This option is priced at $15,000 USD annually, and includes all maintenance and support for the term.
All SCRATCH Site License customers are able to view, manage and extend their licenses through the unique MyASSIMILATE online portal (http://myassimilate.assimilatesupport.com).
MyASSIMILATE allows customers to see a top-down view of all their licenses, see which ones have been activated, and on which machines. It also allows customers to extend rental licenses and even generate emergency temporary licenses. For more information about MyASSIMILATE, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are a few introductory tutorials to help get you started. Enjoy!
Creating Apple ProRes dailies on Windows using SCRATCH
Instructional video covering the basics of SCRATCH v8 software.
This tutorial shows you how easy it is to create ProRes dailies using the Apple-licensed ProRes encoder in SCRATCH…on Windows.
PC: Upgrading the CSP (Codec Support Pack)
PC: Upgrade du CSP (Français)
Upgrading the CSP (Codec Support Pack) with SCRATCH v8 on Windows (Language: English)
Upgrading the CSP (Codec Support Pack) with SCRATCH v8 on Windows (Language: French)
Mac: Upgrading the CSP (Codec Support Pack)
Mac: Upgrade du CSP (Français)
Upgrading the CSP (Codec Support Pack) with SCRATCH v8 on Mac (Language: English).
Upgrading the CSP (Codec Support Pack) with SCRATCH v8 on Mac (Language: French).
Cyan, Magenta and Yellow "3 stripes" colorgrading and blending modes
Etalonner en C-M-Y (3 bandes) à l'aide des modes de fusion (French version)
Quickly create looks in Cyan, Magenta and Yellow using the "3 stripes" method (quite similar to the "Technicolor 3 stripes process"). Also a look at how Blending modes can be used in a color grading context.
L'idée de ce tutoriel est de vous expliquer comment mettre en place très rapidement un étalonnage utilisant la méthode des "3 bandes" Cyan, Magenta et Jaune dans l'esprit du procédé Technicolor. C'est aussi l'occasion de voir comment…
The Gallery (Full length - English)
The Gallery 01 - Overview
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - An in-depth view.
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - An overview.
The Gallery 02 - On-set dailies: Setting up the project
The Gallery 03 - On-set dailies: Shot Groupings
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - On-set dailies: Setting up a project.
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - On-set dailies: Shot Grouping.
The Gallery 04 - On-set dailies: Comparing Grades
The Gallery 05 FilmstripTool
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - On-set dailies: Comparing Grades.
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - The Filmstrip tool.
The Gallery 06 - FilmstripTool - Organizing Elements
The Gallery 07 - Filmstrip tool + Copy/Paste
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - The Filmstrip tool - organizing elements.
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - The Filmstrip tool + Copy and Paste.
The Gallery 08 - Memory Bank
The Gallery 09 - MyASSIMILATE
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - The Memory Bank.
The Gallery on SCRATCH v8 - MyASSIMILATE.
SCRATCH Web - Overview
SCRATCH Web - How It Works
SCRATCH Web - An Overview.
SCRATCH Web - How it works.
Repository - Overview
Repository - Overview
Repository on SCRATCH v8 - An Overview.
Repository on SCRATCH v8 - How it works.
Remote 01 - Overview
Remote 02 - Setting up a session
Remote on SCRATCH v8 - An Overview.
Remote on SCRATCH v8 - Setting up a session.
Remote 03 - Connecting a session
Remote 04 - Sharing Media
Remote on SCRATCH v8 - Connecting a session.
Remote on SCRATCH v8 - Sharing media.
Remote 05 - Guest vs. Moderator
Remote 06 - the "laser pointer"
Remote on SCRATCH v8 - Guest vs. Moderator.
Remote on SCRATCH v8 - The "laser pointer".
Remote 07 - Moderator roles
Remote on SCRATCH v8 - Moderator roles.
Remote on SCRATCH v8 - Moderator roles.
SCRATCH features include:
Full resolution support for RED, ARRI, Sony, Canon, Panasonic, DLSR and all other popular camera and media formats
Featuring unmatched real-time performance and reliability, SCRATCH removes the risk and frees the filmmaker and DP to get the most from a high-resolution digital shoot.
Real-time full resolution, native playback of all popular camera formats
- Fully ACES compliant
- Oculus Rift VR360 file format including Cylindrical, Equi-rectangular, and Cube formats, for output to a secondary monitor, or an Oculus Rift DKI or DKII
- REDCODE RAW.r3d including monochrome footage. Support for multiple RED Rocket cards with DRX control
- RED Dragon
- ARRIRAW including new ASSIMILATE customARRI fast Debayer – built for significant speed while still preserving color accuracy
- Sony F5/F55/F65 including 6K and 8K
- SONY Mpeg-2 .mp4, .mov and XAVC HD/4K .mxf
- Panasonic RAW, P2/MXF and AVCHD
- Canon C500, C300, Magic Lantern (.raw and .mlv), 5D, 7D5D, 7D
- Blackmagic Design Cinema DNG, BMDPocket camera
- Vanguard Video H.264 encoding (Mac and Windows)
- Aaton Penelope
- Over 50 additional formats
Powerful finishing tools
- Shot Versioning: SCRATCH CONstruct manage multiple versions of the same 2D or 3D shots within the same timeline for easy comparison
- Vector paint
- Subtitling support
- Apply OFX plug-ins to create a wide range of visual effects
- Direct Output: Real-time tools for frame-rate conversion, image-resolution scaling and frame-accuracy to monitors, projectors and tape decks using both DVI and SDI interfaces
- Multiple Deliverables: Create alternate versions in different resolutions, image formats and framing, all from a single source
Fast, highly interactive color grading
- Real-time, non-destructive primary and secondary color grading
- Heads-up color grading interface and support for Avid Artist Color panel series or all Tangent panels - including the Element
- Source-side adjustments for mixed color space workflows
- Match and auto grading
- 2D and shape tracking
- Keying based on Vector, Chroma or Luminance
- Controls for finessing keys
- Integrated Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope and Color Curve views
- Group shots, copy/paste color grades and reference libraries
- Key frames and animation curves
- Import and save 1D and 3D LUTs based on primary color grades
- Support for a shaper LUT inside a cube LUT
An entirely new, flexible viewing model
- Create dual views of any image in a project by quickly and easily selecting a version, a reference, a clip from any video track, or a color buffer
- Compare them using one of two methods: a difference method, or an overlay method with opacity controls and a 360 degree wipe
- One of the dual views can be designated as an output view (showing the final result of a shot), while the other is a fully functional working canvas with access to even the deepest elements of a shot, including a complex composite or color grade
- Intuitively manipulate any element of the working view and instantly see its resulting affect updated to the output view at full resolution and in real time
High-speed conform and confidence checking
No other software offers the range of tools for quickly conforming and checking against a reference clip.
- Mix-and-match RED.r3d files with ARRIRAW or Phantom (or any other media format recognized by SCRATCH), even Canon DSLR, within the same resolution-independent timeline
- Dual-View, Half-Mix and Side-by-Side comparison options
- Quick Keys for moving through a timeline and edit tools for shot manipulation
- AAF import and MXF integration
- Import and export ALE
- Final Cut Pro XML import
- Final Cut X 1.4 support for conform
- Shot log metadata import
- Metadata search
- Stereoscopic 3D versioning
- CDL support
- Output to multiple file formats such as DNxHD, DPX, ProRes (Mac OS version only) Tiff, JPG, Quicktime, MXF and more
- Export with timecode and metadata
- Multilayer timeline
State of the art metadata and timecode support
- Sync timecode from multiple cameras (including stereo) with a unique “Match Timecode” function. Stack cameras into a single slot, then automatically sync the timecode all of cameras to one of them.
- Generate dailies by automatically naming clips based on any metadata field, including camroll, scene and take.
- Create flash burns either at the top and tail of a clip, or throughout its duration.
- Capture scene and take metadata automatically from broadcast wave audio files.
- Automatically generate new timecode for DSLR cameras such as the Phantom, Canon 5D/7D and GoPro that don’t support it. Easily increment the timecode with each slot and even skip by user-defined intervals.
- Populate Avid AAF files with extended metadata, avoiding the double pass to access that ALE files required. This effectively removes the need for separate ALEs.
- Select, update, add or remove metadata in a spreadsheet editor-style. Update metadata for a single shot or multiple shots at once, as well as update data by entering plain text or using formulas that contain other metadata items. New metadata can then be exported via ALE or XML to be imported into other systems or integrated with other proprietary tools.
- Match/find, load and apply looks to multiple shots in the form of 3dl, CDL, LUT or XML, and audio. This new feature will search and match by name, time-code, or any common metadata items. In addition, artists can now auto-link audio files to shots purely based on metadata and file name.
Advanced audio sync
- Broadcast wave support
- Automatically sync to timecode or slate
- Interactive waveform for sync
- Interactive audio scrub
Stereo 3D workflow support
Imagine the creativity of a full stereo workflow that provides consistent, intuitive feedback during the conform, color grading and finishing process. Stereo image pairs are automatically linked for versioning and real-time playback to a wide variety of stereoscopic delivery systems.
- Check and adjust stereo with dedicated link and convergence controls
- Bicubic controls for fixing 3D stereo images
- Position elements relative to the screen plane
- Immediately review decisions in stereo
- Panasonic 3D stereo camera support with automatic stream de-muxing
The new Live View function takes in the SDI signal from a camera and allows artists to work and grade directly on the camera feed. It also reads the camera metadata if available, which is then displayed in the metadata stack in the Player module. In addition, the name of a SCRATCH Gallery item can be based on the metadata of the current shot (e.g. Live View). The determined grade can then be easily linked to the recorded shot further downstream in the pipeline.
Flexibility and extensibility
Future-proof your workflow with an advanced and scriptable XML back-end that allows you to:
- Automate SCRATCH to maximize productivity
- Access your job anywhere via HTML
- Integrate SCRATCH via XML with other tools in your workflow such as Nuke, Shotgun, Avid or Final Cut Pro
- Enhance SCRATCH with OFX plug-ins such as Sapphire, Beauty Box, Twixtor, and Neat Video
- Built-in SQL database supports a full range of metadata
System Requirements for SCRATCH:
- OSX 10.7 and up
- Windows 7 and up
- Min. preferred: Intel i7 Quadcore
- Preferred: Quadro K500, K6000 / Firepro W8000, W9000
- OSX: NVIDIA 4000, K5000, ATI Radeon 5770 / 5870, FirePro D500 / D700
- Min 8Gb, Preferred 12Gb
- AJA Kona, T-Tap, Io
- Bluefish444 Epoch
- BlackMagic DeckLink, UltraStudio
- NVIDIA Quadro 6000SDI on Windows
See the all new SCRATCH
This new version offers Expanded Metadata Support, a new Live View function, Oculus Rift support, Vanguard H.264 encoding, plus many more new features. Read on…
Expanded Metadata Support
SCRATCH now includes an update to the already powerful media browser for directly managing metadata.
Artists can now:
The new Live View function takes in the SDI signal from a camera and allows you to work and grade directly on the camera feed. It also reads in the camera metadata if available which is then displayed in the metadata stack in the Player module. In addition, the name of a SCRATCH Gallery item can be based on the metadata of the current shot (e.g. Live View). The grade set can then be easily linked to the recorded shot further downstream in the pipeline.
Oculus Rift support
SCRATCH now supports the VR360 file format including
Vanguard H.264 encoding for Mac and Windows
SCRATCH includes the industry-leading H.264 encoder from Vanguard Video, LLC, so artists now have the optimal combination of bitrate, filesize and quality for their dailies and preview content. Moreover, since the encoder implementation is cross-platform, SCRATCH brings this industry-standard CODEC to the Mac. So, Mac-based artists users can enjoy the same optimized encoding experience that has traditionally only been available on Windows.
A long list of new features in SCRATCH