• Buy and learn one tool to use, from on-set throughout the entire post-production pipeline.
• SCRATCH covers all bases and can be the foundation of your workflow while still integrating with other dailies- and editorial-systems or specialized post-tools.
• The most interactive and fastest user interface around. On any hardware configuration from your laptop to high end power system. On Windows and OSX.
• The most cost effective solution that will accelerate your productivity and boost your creativity.
• Format support - SCRATCH supports almost all professional media formats around from RAW to traditional intermediates such as DPX, EXR, QuickTime, etc. to compressed like XAVC and other H264 variants.
• Live View - ingest the SDI signal of a camera directly to manage on-set looks or green-screen testing.
• Flexible transcoding to any (intermediate) format - MXF, ProRes (also on Windows!), H264, etc. - in multiple resolutions in one go, including grades and burn-in titling.
• Manage looks, import and export CDL or LUT and use the match-functions to ensure looks created on-set can be easily used further down the pipeline.
• Fully customizable reporting in html or directly online, including proxy images and all shot meta data.
• SCRATCH has its own online editor but can also import a timeline from your favorite offline editor.
• Flexible conform options to assemble your timeline from Final Cut, Media Composer or Premiere.
• Navigate through your Multi Layer timeline and easily navigate your tracks down to any composite element of your shots.
• Primary- and secondary grading: qualifiers, curves, vectors, unlimited grading layers and masks in any (free form) shape.
• Flexible and fully automated Color space management covering all major color spaces, including ACES. Support for a wide variety of LUT formats.
• Versioning: easily create, manage, compare and switch between versions of shots.
• Full support for grading panels and surfaces, incl. user defined mappings.
• Shape tracking and animation of any effect, grade and layer geometry.
• Support for third party OpenFX plug-ins. SCRATCH standard comes with a paint module, a text module and bicubic layers to warp any surface.
• Easily navigate and view complex composite trees while in the context to the full timeline.
• Nest and cache a node to preserve realtime playback with complex composites.
• Manage your Stereo 3D project almost just as easy as any standard 2D production with automated convergence.
• Create and manage complex output trees / templates for all deliverables.
• Multiple resolutions, formats and framerates - QuickTime, MXF, DPX, EXR, DCI compatible J2k, and more - all in one go.
• Add subtitles, logos or deliverable specific grades.
• Publish directly to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or SCRATCH Web.
• Easily manage thousands and thousands of shots in a single project.
• Import/export, search, edit all available shot meta data.
• Generate pre-defined and customizable clip reports
• XML Scripting to integrate the power of SCRATCH into your (automated) pipeline and link it to other tools.
• SCRATCH Remote: connect multiple SCRATCH systems from all around the world for a creative grading session.
• Stream the SCRATCH output directly to a media server for others to live view your creative work.
• Store your user settings online - grades, gallery items, panels settings in the cloud so you can take place behind any SCRATCH system anywhere and enjoy your own setup
• Publish to SCRATCH Web to share content online in a secure manner.
SCRATCH makes working in Stereo 3D just as easy as your regular 2D projects. Just wrap your sources in a stereo node and easily sync any grade or full composites between left and right eye.
Offering the most flexible workflow where you can have SCRATCH automatically manage the convergence between left and right eye or tweak it manually if needed.
• Playback: Single view, split-view, A-B view, Reference monitor or projector, SDI output - SCRATCH offers it all.
• Playback revisited: smooth while grading or compositing - instant response when adjusting any grade parameters.
• Handle any image resolution - no need to stop at 4k. • Widest hardware support for graphic cards, grading panels and video-IO industry wide. • Our support team - always available to guide you and help out with any issue you might encounter.
HDR front-to-back, new reporting capabilities, ACES cct, more supported formats, improved format performance, UI upgrade, live stream output, and more...
SCRATCH is improved and extended on a continuous basis. Version 8.6 only comes half a year after the previous version release while in that period various new features have been added in a series of update releases.
(click here for detailed release notes)
SCRATCH has always been at the forefront of new camera support. More cameras, more formats, more resolution.
• Create H264 in 10 bit, up to 8k (8192x6144). Include HDR metadata directly in your mp4 output or generate a separate report with HDR statistics and transfer function specifics.
• Enhanced support for DNxHD and DNxHR: rendering faster than ever, including all metadata for a seamless AVID roundtrip.
• A wide range of still camera raw formats like Canon, Nikon, Kodak, Hasselblad, Pentax, Leica and more.
• Continued most up to date support for all high end cameras like ARRI, RED, Sony and Panasonic, including the new Varicam LT DNG format.
• The new QuickTime implementation will shield you against Apple ending its support for QuickTime on Windows.
• Render out png files both in 8 or 16 bits, which can directly be used for any website publication.
Media and data management is just as much at the core of SCRATCH as its creative tools.
The latest version has additional media validation functionality to check the availability of the underlying media of multiple timelines and thousands of shots and versions. This ensures correct and uninterrupted renders. Calculate MD5 hash and add it to the meta data of the media to be used in reporting.
SCRATCH 8.6 comes with a new set of pre-defined clip reports that you can generate from a single timeline, a set of dailies or your full project. The reports are fully customizable, including adding your logo, selecting which metadata to include and adding custom ad-hoc information into the generated report.
• The PQ and HLG transfer functions are now an integral part of SCRATCH's color management. With a single click you can define the transfer function for any shot, output or display.
• Scopes automatically switch to HDR mode and show the levels in a nit-scale. Choose whether the scopes should reflect the levels of your source media, your UI monitor or your reference monitor, which can include an additional color space transformation or custom display LUT.
• Define the HDR Mastering Metadata at the project level: color space, color primaries and white point, luminance levels, etc... This metadata is automatically included in the Video HDMI interface as well as included with HDR rendered media.
• Calculate HDR10 metadata like MaxCLL and MaxFALL and generate an HDR report as sidecar with your media or included in the media container itself (H264 mp4).
• P3 D65 colorspace supported for HDR mastering.
Sign up, click your option on the ASSIMILATE Store, and get going in SCRATCH.
Get full access to the latest SCRATCH version, including any updates we ship during the period. Renew your subscription online at any time, from anywhere.
During your active period, you'll also be eligible to receive ASSIMILATE technical support.
1 Month subscription $75 USD
1 Year subscription $650 USD
Permanent license $3,000 USD
Site license - contact sales
OS: Windows 7 and up. OSX 10.7 and up.
CPU: Any modern Intel processor. Preference for Intel i7 Quadcore or up.
GFX: Any modern graphics card. Preference for high end graphics: NVIDIA Quadro / AMD Firepro. Note that on systems with standard Intel graphics not all features might be supported.
RAM: Min 8Gb. Preferred 12Gb or more.
SDI: NVIDIA Embedded, AJA, Bluefish444, Blackmagic. Please check this support site article for specific supported models.