More native camera formats than anyone else. Unrivaled shot, timecode and metadata management. Wicked fast background rendering.
SCRATCH Lab is hands down, the industry's most powerful end-to-end dailies system. First and foremost, SCRATCH Lab is the fastest way to meet even the toughest dailies deadlines. Featuring real-time playback and review up to 5K, powerful metadata and LUT handling, advanced audio sync and fast background rendering, SCRATCH Lab delivers your dailies faster and more efficiently than any other tool at any other price. Period.
- v8 is here! ProRes encoding on Windows and GPU Debayering of RED Files
SCRATCH Lab benefits
Manage your shots and reels
better than anyone else.
SCRATCH Lab saves you hours in production and helps avoid costly mistakes because its unique CONstruct interface allows you to organize your shots any way you like - by day or week, or by scene and take.
Manage unlimited numbers of versions and switch between them, or see them side-by-side.
And you can mix and match any camera format at any resolution or colorspace.
Support more camera formats
than anyone else.
Manage timecode and metadata better than anyone else.
Save huge amounts of time in review by managing an unlimited number of takes, plates and units from a shot on a single timeline.
Unique timecode options can sync timecode from multiple cameras and even create timecode for cameras that don’t have it.
SCRATCH Lab can even capture metadata automatically from broadcast wave audio files.
QC and set looks faster than
SCRATCH Lab is built on world-class color grading
tools that allow artists, DPs and Directors to collaborate
in real-time to set looks and create LUTs.
Of course SCRATCH Lab can also instantly apply 1D or
3D pre-created LUTs.
Meanwhile SCRATCH Lab’s unlimited versions allow instant side-by-side comparisons of your different looks or color grades, keeping the creative process flowing smoothly.
Render in the background while you work on your next shot.
SCRATCH Lab is fully GPU-accelerated, so you no longer have to wait for a render to finish before you continue working.
SCRATCH Lab can load and process the next shot while it renders any number of nodes seamlessly in the background.
SCRATCH Lab connects you to the Cloud.
The new Remote feature, and Integration with MyASSIMILATE cloud-based workflow tools mean SCRATCH Lab artists have unparalleled levels of collaboration with other artists- anywhere at any time.
For example, a colorist from a facility can remote into an on-set system to set or review a look.
Now, any number of artists can collaborate at any time, from anywhere - and it doesn’t cost any extra.
Pay only when you have a gig.
Nobody else makes software this easy to get. Start with our 90-day free, fully functional trial and use SCRATCH Lab on a real job. Like what you see?
You can rent it by the day, the week, or the month; or save even more money with an annual subscription - instantly from the ASSIMILATE Store.
So, you only have to pay when you’re getting paid. And only SCRATCH Lab resellers offers full 4k HP and Mac-based turnkey systems for the price of a 2K system.
For more information, or to find a reseller in your area, please visit: www.assimilateinc.com/4k-for-the-price-of-2k
Whether you want to rent for a day, subscribe for a year, or purchase a site license, SCRATCH Lab offers payment options for every conceivable budget:
For those that need every-day access to Lab, but need the ultimate in affordability, we now offer an annual subscription option. For only $995 USD, you get full access to the latest version SCRATCH including any updates we ship during the period. And you can renew your rental or subscription any time, and from anywhere you can connect to the Internet. During your active period, you will be eligible to receive ASSIMILATE support and all new software versions that we ship.
- 1 Day $50
- 1 Week $250
- 1 Month $650
- New Annual Subscription $995 USD
For those folks that prefer to own their software assets, you can still purchase permanent licenses of SCRATCH Lab just as you always have. Whether you purchase from an ASSIMILATE reseller or the ASSIMILATE Store, pricing for permanent licenses and maintenance/support has remained unchanged at $5,990. To purchase SCRATCH Lab, click here.
ASSIMILATE’s SCRATCH® Site License program offers the industry’s most phenomenal value to post-production artists and facilities. Innovative and unique to the industry, the SCRATCH Site License offers creative DI Artists, post-production facilities, and studios unprecedented access to all-you-can-use SCRATCH Lab licenses at a single site or around the world*. This means that facilities can maximize productivity and creativity by providing the state-of- the-art SCRATCH DI tool to an unlimited number of their artists without the limitations of software licensing.
This program is specifically designed for facilities that employ a large, flexible, workforce that ebbs and flows. It is also particularly attractive to rental houses that need to constantly set up systems with new licenses, but don’t want the complexity of managing licenses and hardware dongles.
The SCRATCH Site License Program features 2 options:
SCRATCH Site Annual
All-you-can-use licenses at a single site. This option is priced at $33,000 USD annually, and includes all maintenance and support for the term.
SCRATCH Site Enterprise Annual
All-you-can-use licenses at any number of your sites across your entire enterprise, worldwide. This option is priced at $55,000 USD annually, and includes all maintenance and support for the term.
All SCRATCH Site License customers are able to view, manage and extend their licenses through the unique MyASSIMILATE online portal (http://myassimilate.assimilatesupport.com).
MyASSIMILATE allows customers to see a top-down view of all their licenses, see which ones have been activated, and on which machines. It also allows customers to extend rental licenses and even generate emergency temporary licenses. For more information about MyASSIMILATE, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
System Requirements for SCRATCH:
- OSX 10.7 and up
- Windows 7 and up
- Min. preferred: Intel i7 Quadcore
- Preferred: Quadro K500, K6000 / Firepro W8000, W9000
- OSX: NVIDIA 4000, K5000, ATI Radeon 5770 / 5870, FirePro D500 / D700
- Min 8Gb, Preferred 12Gb
- AJA Kona, T-Tap, Io
- Bluefish444 Epoch
- BlackMagic DeckLink, UltraStudio
- NVIDIA Quadro 6000SDI on Windows
SCRATCH Lab features include:
New v7 features are highlighted in orange text
Real-time full resolution, native playback of all popular camera formats
- Fully ACES compliant
- REDCODE RAW.r3d including monochrome footage. Support for multiple RED Rocket cards with DRX control
- RED Dragon
- ARRIRAW including new ASSIMILATE custom ARRI fast Debayer – built for significant speed while still preserving color accuracy
- Sony F5/F55/F65 including 6K and 8K
- SONY Mpeg-2 .mp4, .mov and XAVC HD/4K .mxf
- Panasonic P2/MXF and AVCHD
- Canon C500, C300, 5D, 7D
- Blackmagic Design Cinema DNG
- Aaton Penelope
- Over 50 additional formats
State of the art metadata and timecode support
- Sync timecode from multiple cameras (including stereo) with a unique “Match Timecode” function. Stack cameras into a single slot, then automatically sync the timecode all of cameras to one of them.
- Generate dailies by automatically naming clips based on any metadata field, including camroll, scene and take.
- Create flash burns either at the top and tail of a clip, or throughout its duration.
- Capture scene and take metadata automatically from broadcast wave audio files.
- Automatically generate new timecode for DSLR cameras such as the Phantom, Cannon 5D/7D and GoPro that don’t support it. Easily increment the timecode with each slot and even skip by user-defined intervals.
- Populate Avid AAF files with extended metadata, avoiding the double pass to access that ALE files required. This effectively removes the need for separate ALEs.
World-class Color Grading
- Real-time, non-destructive primary grading
- Heads-up color grading interface and support for Avid Artist Color series or all Tangent panels - including the Element
- Source-side adjustments for mixed color space workflows
- Match and auto grading
- Integrated Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope and Color Curve views
- Group shots, copy/paste color grades and reference libraries
- Key frames and animation curves
- Import and save 1D and 3D LUTs based on primary color grades
- Import or export CDL
Advanced Audio Sync
- Broadcast wave support
- Automatically sync to timecode or slate
- Interactive Waveform for sync
- Interactive Audio Scrub
Flexibility and Extensibility
- Automate SCRATCH Lab via XML to maximize productivity
- Extend SCRATCH Lab via HTML for remote review and comments
- Integrate SCRATCH Lab with other applications in your workflow via XML
- Enhance SCRATCH Lab via our OFX plug-in architecture
- Built-in SQL database supports a full range of metadata
- Automate deliverables by designing templates based on output format, metadata and LUTs/grades
High-Speed Conform and Confidence Checking
- Mix-and-match RED.r3d files with ARRI RAW or Phantom (or any other media format recognized by SCRATCH), even Canon DSLR, within the same resolution-independent timeline
- Dual-View, Half-Mix and Side-by-Side comparison options
- Quick Keys for moving through a timeline
- AAF import and MXF integration
- FCP XML import
- DNxHD and ProRes Read and Write (ProRes write only on Mac OS)
- Export TIFF with timecode and metadata
- Import and export ALE
- Shot log metadata import
- Metadata search
- Stereoscopic versioning
- CDL support
- Output to multiple file formats such as DPX, DNxHD, ProRes (Mac OS version only) Tiff, JPG, QuickTime and more
- Quick visual sync of audio to waveform or by timecode
- Multilayer timeline
- Avid DNxHD as MXF or QuickTime
- QuickTime (MPEG4, TIFF, JPEG, etc.)
- ProRes 422 and 444 (Mac version only)
- 16 bit TIFF
- Real-time tools for frame-rate conversion, image-resolution scaling and frame-accuracy to monitors, projectors and tape decks using both DVI and SDI interfaces
- Create deliverables in different resolutions, image formats and framing, all from a single source and output multiple targets simultaneously
- Queue and manage outputs for unattended batch processing
- Export metadata in a variety of formats, even add notes to shots and include them in XML or MXF files
- Real-time, resolution independent playback to all stereoscopic delivery systems
- Side by side
- Line interleave
- Check and adjust stereo with dedicated link and convergence controls
- Immediately review decisions in stereo
- Panasonic stereo camera support includes auto de-muxing of stereo streams
Meet the all new SCRATCH Lab® v8
This incredible new version packs unprecedented new features such as Apple ProRes encoding capabilities on Windows, GPU-only debayering for RED, support for a range of additional camera formats and support for Blackmagic Decklink cards.
Apple ProRes Encoding on Windows
Apple-licensed ProRes software encoding on Windows
Finally, what everyone has been waiting for. Windows users get:
• True ProRes 442, HQ, LT, Proxy and 4444 encoding
• The correct bit depth - 10 or 12 bits per component
• Optimized for FCP
• Officially licensed from Apple.
No more slow, buggy, reverse-engineered solutions
with missing features. Windows users now have full
ProRes encoding parity with Mac users.
Creating Apple ProRes dailies
This tutorial shows you how easy it is to create ProRes dailies using the Apple-licensed ProRes encoder in SCRATCH and Lab…..on a Windows machine.
Multi-GPU option for RED Debayering
SCRATCH Lab now offers RED users the choice of
debayering from as many Red Rocket or Red Rocket-X
cards as you like, or via GPU-only - including support
for multiple GPUs.
Even more cameras, formats and
colorspaces than anyone else
Sure, SCRATCH Lab has always been famous for playing and rendering virtually any format. And now it’s even better.
SCRATCH Lab now natively supports:
• Full support for ACES v 0.70
• Black Magic Cinema Camera’s CinemaDNG
• GoPro camera’s CineForm
• Sony’s new slog3 color / gamma space
• Magic Lantern support for Canon DSLR cameras
• Cinema Craft H.264 encoding**
• The CineSpace 3D LUT format
• The Ultra HD Color Space
SCRATCH Lab Connects you
to the Cloud
The new Remote feature in SCRATCH Lab facilitates
incredible creativity by connecting any number of artists
together in a real-time session, no matter where they are
- or, where the media is.
Remote works either on a local LAN or over the Internet.
Connect on-set with your director for review; add a freelance
artist to a DI session to set or fix a look; or tap an expert
compositor to fix a VFX shot. Remote provides the full
power of SCRATCH Lab - color grading, compositing
or editing - to a virtual group.
And it’s as easily as making a Skype call.
Decklink Support, with 4k Monitoring
SCRATCH Lab v8 supports 4K SDI and HDMI monitoring via the Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme and UltraStudio 4K for Thunderbolt solutions. Not only do artists now have an additional high-quality 4K monitoring solution, but they can now also effectively run SCRATCH Lab with Blackmagic software applications on the same system.
SCRATCH Lab v8 will also support Blackmagic 2k Decklink solutions including Decklink SDI, Decklink Studio, and
UltraStudio Express for Thunderbolt.
*Permanent license includes 1 year maintenance (value: $5000). Rental License includes maintenance for the rental period.
**Windows only. OS X version coming soon.