More native camera formats than anyone else. Unrivaled shot, timecode and metadata management. Wicked fast background rendering.
SCRATCH Lab is hands down, the industry's most powerful end-to-end dailies system. First and foremost, SCRATCH Lab is the fastest way to meet even the toughest dailies deadlines. Featuring real-time playback and review up to 5K, powerful metadata and LUT handling, advanced audio sync and fast background rendering, SCRATCH Lab delivers your dailies faster and more efficiently than any other tool at any other price. Period.
- NEW! SCRATCH Lab support for the RED Dragon camera
- New Annual Subscription option. SCRATCH Lab for only $995!
Learn about faster and easier workflows with
metadata stacks, custom fields, timecode
regeneration and trays.
SCRATCH Lab benefits:
Better shot and reel management than anyone else.
Lab’s unique CONstruct interface allows you to organize your shots any way you like- by day or week, or by scene and take. Manage unlimited numbers of versions and switch between them, or see them side-by-side. And you can mix and match any camera format at any resolution or colorspace - even mix 2D and Stereo/3D. Lab saves you hours in production by giving you instant access to your media anytime, anywhere.
Fully ACES compliant.
Shipping since November, 2012, SCRATCH Lab was one of the first dailies products on the market to be ACES compliant. Both SCRATCH and Lab fully implement the ACES specification including the file format, the colorspace, as well as device and rendering transforms.
More camera formats than anyone else.
From RED Epic to ARRI Alexa, Sony F65 and Phantom. From DSLRs like Cannon C300, 5D and 7D to GoPro. SCRATCH Lab supports more native camera formats in real-time than anyone else. No matter what you need to shoot, SCRATCH Lab can support it.
Unrivaled shot, timecode and metadata management.
SCRATCH Lab allows you to seamlessly manage an unlimited number of takes, plates and units from a shot on a single timeline. Unique timecode options can sync timecode from multiple cameras and even create timecode for cameras that don’t support it (such as the Cannon 5/7D or the GoPro). Meanwhile, powerful metadata handling carries reel, scene, take, audio, even stereo convergence information through the entire project. Lab can even capture metadata automatically from broadcast wave audio files. This unparalleled level of management saves huge amounts of time in review.
Powerful QC and Look management.
Lab is built on world-class primary color grading tools that allow artists, DPs and Directors to collaborate in real-time to set looks and create LUTs. Of course Lab can also instantly apply 1D or 3D pre-created LUTs. Meanwhile Lab’s unlimited versions allow instant side-by-side comparisons of your different looks or color grades, keeping the creative process flowing smoothly.
Superior audio sync.
Sure, SCRATCH Lab can sync audio automatically via timecode. But what about all those times that the timecode is either wrong or missing. In those cases, Lab is powerful enough to analyze the audio waveform and automatically sync to the slate. Or, in extreme cases you can simply move the audio waveform manually. In addition, Lab can actually create timecode for cameras (like GoPro and DSLRs) and then sync the audio automatically.
Wicked-fast, background output rendering.
SCRATCH Lab is fully GPU-accelerated, so it renders up to 70 FPS- a full 60% faster than its closest competitor. Meanwhile, you no longer have to wait for a render to finish before you continue working. Lab can load and process the next shot while it renders any number of nodes seamlessly in the background. Lab supports all popular deliverable formats from DNxHD, DPX, or Open EXR to any variety of QuickTime (including ProRes), with or without burn-ins. Best of all, Lab hugely streamlines your deliverables process by building templates of all your output preferences that you can easily recall whenever you need them. All this makes Lab the most productive tool on the market for producing dailies. Period.
Whether you want to rent for a day, subscribe for a year, or purchase a site license, SCRATCH Lab offers payment options for every conceivable budget:
For those that need every-day access to Lab, but need the ultimate in affordability, we now offer an annual subscription option. For only $995 USD, you get full access to the latest version SCRATCH including any updates we ship during the period. And you can renew your rental or subscription any time, and from anywhere you can connect to the Internet. During your active period, you will be eligible to receive ASSIMILATE support and all new software versions that we ship.
- 1 Day $50
- 1 Week $250
- 1 Month $650
- New Annual Subscription $995 USD
For those folks that prefer to own their software assets, you can still purchase permanent licenses of SCRATCH Lab just as you always have. Whether you purchase from an ASSIMILATE reseller or the ASSIMILATE Store, pricing for permanent licenses and maintenance/support has remained unchanged at $5,990. To purchase SCRATCH Lab, click here.
ASSIMILATE’s SCRATCH® Site License program offers the industry’s most phenomenal value to post-production artists and facilities. Innovative and unique to the industry, the SCRATCH Site License offers creative DI Artists, post-production facilities, and studios unprecedented access to all-you-can-use SCRATCH Lab licenses at a single site or around the world*. This means that facilities can maximize productivity and creativity by providing the state-of- the-art SCRATCH DI tool to an unlimited number of their artists without the limitations of software licensing.
This program is specifically designed for facilities that employ a large, flexible, workforce that ebbs and flows. It is also particularly attractive to rental houses that need to constantly set up systems with new licenses, but don’t want the complexity of managing licenses and hardware dongles.
The SCRATCH Site License Program features 2 options:
SCRATCH Site Annual
All-you-can-use licenses at a single site. This option is priced at $33,000 USD annually, and includes all maintenance and support for the term.
SCRATCH Site Enterprise Annual
All-you-can-use licenses at any number of your sites across your entire enterprise, worldwide. This option is priced at $55,000 USD annually, and includes all maintenance and support for the term.
All SCRATCH Site License customers are able to view, manage and extend their licenses through the unique MyASSIMILATE online portal (http://myassimilate.assimilatesupport.com).
MyASSIMILATE allows customers to see a top-down view of all their licenses, see which ones have been activated, and on which machines. It also allows customers to extend rental licenses and even generate emergency temporary licenses. For more information about MyASSIMILATE, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
System Requirements for SCRATCH Lab
- Nvidia GTX 680 and Titan
- NVIDIA Quadro 4000 on Mac OS X
- NVIDIA Quadro 6000 on Windows
- AMD Radeon HD 5770, 5870 and 7950 cards on Mac OS® X (requires Lion or better)
- AMD FirePro W8000, W9000 and V7900 on Windows
- NVIDIA Quadro 6000SDI on Windows
- AJA Kona 3 and 3G on Mac OS X and Windows
- Bluefish444 Epoch | 2K Ultra on Mac Os X and Windows
- Bluefish444 Epoch | 4K Supernova on Windows
SCRATCH Lab features include:
New v7 features are highlighted in orange text
Real-time full resolution, native playback of all popular camera formats
- Fully ACES compliant
- REDCODE RAW.r3d including monochrome footage. Support for multiple RED Rocket cards with DRX control
- RED Dragon
- ARRIRAW including new ASSIMILATE custom ARRI fast Debayer – built for significant speed while still preserving color accuracy
- Sony F5/F55/F65 including 6K and 8K
- SONY Mpeg-2 .mp4, .mov and XAVC HD/4K .mxf
- Panasonic P2/MXF and AVCHD
- Canon C500, C300, 5D, 7D
- Blackmagic Design Cinema DNG
- Aaton Penelope
- Over 50 additional formats
State of the art metadata and timecode support
- Sync timecode from multiple cameras (including stereo) with a unique “Match Timecode” function. Stack cameras into a single slot, then automatically sync the timecode all of cameras to one of them.
- Generate dailies by automatically naming clips based on any metadata field, including camroll, scene and take.
- Create flash burns either at the top and tail of a clip, or throughout its duration.
- Capture scene and take metadata automatically from broadcast wave audio files.
- Automatically generate new timecode for DSLR cameras such as the Phantom, Cannon 5D/7D and GoPro that don’t support it. Easily increment the timecode with each slot and even skip by user-defined intervals.
- Populate Avid AAF files with extended metadata, avoiding the double pass to access that ALE files required. This effectively removes the need for separate ALEs.
World-class Color Grading
- Real-time, non-destructive primary grading
- Heads-up color grading interface and support for Avid Artist Color series or all Tangent panels - including the Element
- Source-side adjustments for mixed color space workflows
- Match and auto grading
- Integrated Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope and Color Curve views
- Group shots, copy/paste color grades and reference libraries
- Key frames and animation curves
- Import and save 1D and 3D LUTs based on primary color grades
- Import or export CDL
Advanced Audio Sync
- Broadcast wave support
- Automatically sync to timecode or slate
- Interactive Waveform for sync
- Interactive Audio Scrub
Flexibility and Extensibility
- Automate SCRATCH Lab via XML to maximize productivity
- Extend SCRATCH Lab via HTML for remote review and comments
- Integrate SCRATCH Lab with other applications in your workflow via XML
- Enhance SCRATCH Lab via our OFX plug-in architecture
- Built-in SQL database supports a full range of metadata
- Automate deliverables by designing templates based on output format, metadata and LUTs/grades
High-Speed Conform and Confidence Checking
- Mix-and-match RED.r3d files with ARRI RAW or Phantom (or any other media format recognized by SCRATCH), even Canon DSLR, within the same resolution-independent timeline
- Dual-View, Half-Mix and Side-by-Side comparison options
- Quick Keys for moving through a timeline
- AAF import and MXF integration
- FCP XML import
- DNxHD and ProRes Read and Write (ProRes write only on Mac OS)
- Export TIFF with timecode and metadata
- Import and export ALE
- Shot log metadata import
- Metadata search
- Stereoscopic versioning
- CDL support
- Output to multiple file formats such as DPX, DNxHD, ProRes (Mac OS version only) Tiff, JPG, QuickTime and more
- Quick visual sync of audio to waveform or by timecode
- Multilayer timeline
- Avid DNxHD as MXF or QuickTime
- QuickTime (MPEG4, TIFF, JPEG, etc.)
- ProRes 422 and 444 (Mac version only)
- 16 bit TIFF
- Real-time tools for frame-rate conversion, image-resolution scaling and frame-accuracy to monitors, projectors and tape decks using both DVI and SDI interfaces
- Create deliverables in different resolutions, image formats and framing, all from a single source and output multiple targets simultaneously
- Queue and manage outputs for unattended batch processing
- Export metadata in a variety of formats, even add notes to shots and include them in XML or MXF files
- Real-time, resolution independent playback to all stereoscopic delivery systems
- Side by side
- Line interleave
- Check and adjust stereo with dedicated link and convergence controls
- Immediately review decisions in stereo
- Panasonic stereo camera support includes auto de-muxing of stereo streams
*Permanent license includes 1 year maintenance (value: $5000). Rental License includes maintenance for the rental period.